Ok, so no. Done, finished, over, all done. We checked the boxes on Oklahoma and Kansas by visiting Hooker Oklahoma and Liberal Kansas. Hooker smelled, go figure and Liberal treated us to an acid trip like visit to the Land of Oz complete with a real life creepy Dorothy.
We started counting cows a few days back out of boredom, but when we reached Oklahoma and cattle farms with 3000 cows jammed into a tiny space we gave up. I encourage you all to have at least one meatless day a week. A very smart man once told me, "dont bother with Dorothy's house, its a waste of time." Yep, thats a half hour of time that Ill never get back. Part of the house was a room with old medical equipment, like a gynecology examination table and forceps, yeah I totally missed that part too in Wizard of Oz.
Back toward New Mexico and into the NOPE part of the trip. I thought I was on mother natures good side, but apparently not. A giant storm awaited us in Raton, NM. Pretty sure a tornado was dropping from the sky and the rain was so much the water was sloshing up over the hood. We made it to the hotel and opened the door to run inside just as the sky opened up and shot a lightning bolt at us. Yeah, cool. Checked into the hotel, no power, tried to figure out where to get to the basement and hunker down. Its mostly quiet now, I need a Zanax and Dorothy's shoes to get home with.
Weve decided as a group to skip going back to ABQ and just drive to Denver tomorrow. Home is calling and my sanity needs Cali.
Next year is our last year. I could not be more excited to be DONE with the south and mid west. Im sure there are people who really love it here and thats great, but Im all set. Everything here wants to hurt you. Plants. Bugs. Weather. Thanks but no thanks.
Until next year everyone! Thanks for joining us yet again. :-)
Monday, July 23, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment