Ok Friends. Colorado. Thank you Colorado. Mountains, trees. Its pretty easy to see where our hearts are happy.
Rocky Mountain National park greeted us with grey skies and rain spotted pavement. Its such a joyous feeling to pull up to the little brown log cabin flanked by trees with the silhouette of a ranger hat showing through the window. Its the symbol of the great outdoors about to wrap itself around you and take you away to a peaceful place.
More animals. Elk, marmots, a moose, and tiny pika's. The park was much emptier than Yellowstone with its own special beauty. We took a hike at 12,000 feet. I don't think I can describe the beauty that the high tundra has when its mixed amount granite rocks with small animals quickly running about in the few weeks where the weather is nice. Its captivating. I could spend each and every day out in places like this.
Tonight we are in Breckenridge at a nice hotel (for us its super nice). Valet parking and all. We took a hot tub soak in the cold rain and then walked to dinner in a nice drizzle. This is a very neat town. I imagine its very captivating in the winter. Its a nice end to our trip to be in a place that reminds us a bit of home and the mountains.
Tomorrow we go to Denver and then home. Year 8 is almost a wrap.
Tuesday, July 25, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment