Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Year 8 Day 1

Greetings Everyone! Year 8 is well underway. We covered a new part of Utah that we hadn't seen on our last trip. The lower corner by Salt Lake City. What a dry, alien looking area this is. Not much pretty about this part of Utah, but we did make a stop in Park City. Maybe its prettier when there is snow. But we pushed our way through and onto Wyoming. Finally exiting interstate 80 and getting onto a smaller two lane, we finally started to see some trees and some scenery that was enjoyable. We only had one stop on the to do list today which was the intermittent spring in Afton, WY. What an incredible sight. This spring is underground and fills a chamber that then spills over and out at ground level. It starts and stops in 20 minute intervals or so. Because of all the water, it was just running and didn't stop for us, but it was amazing anyway. Its the largest of its kind in the world. Pretty cool!

I did learn however that my spirit animal is not a mountain goat, or really anything that is overly good on their feet. The hike up to the top of the falls was sketchy and terrifying. Granny and I made it most of the way, Chris and Becca went all the way. It was absolutely beautiful.

I heard someone say once that the difference between a problem and an adventure is attitude. So as I sit here in our hotel where the AC doesn't work and they don't have another room to move us to, and I am on the phone with the bank because someone skimmed our check card and purchased tickets and went shopping at Macy's, I'm trying to find the adventure. Maybe not such a great start, but this will be a great trip. I'm determined. The hotel cant fix it and they don't have another room, so they brought us a dusty fan from the horse barn. Chris is tearing apart the ac unit with moms fold-able scissors now, so maybe the entire hotel wont have AC soon.

Tomorrow onto the Grand Tetons.









No comments:

Post a Comment