Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 5 - Jenny












Day 5 already? We covered so much today, but our conversations through the desert are some of the best. Becca determining what things mean, why things are a certain way, etc. Today we covered Death. FUN huh? Actually it was a very interesting conversation. She has determined that I live until she dies and then we will die together. Ok!

We left Kanab early in the morning. Sleep is apparently not on the schedule. The drive to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon was the best so far. Its at 8000' and a high alpine forest. The meadows drew me in to their soft swaying green grass and the trees beckoned my spirit. So much so...that I drove off the road and hit a HUGE hole and thought I was going to have a flat. YIKES. No flat. All is good.

The Canyon was out of this world but the wind...WOW it nearly blew us off the cliff down into the canyon. Great day for a hat! I still rate Arches park higher than the Grand Canyon.

The desert welcomed us back again on our way to Flagstaff with the Vermillion Cliffs and the cave dwellers. SOOOO interesting. I would like to live in a rock for at least a few days I think. Crossing the Colorado River we entered yes....more desert...sagebrush...and Ill be darned if that fence is not following us. I seriously have to meet the person who puts up all that fence.

Flagstaff has trees and green and a University...WOW Big town for a change. Becca is working hard on her swimming at each hotel. Shes doing well. She decided today that she really likes crab cakes...yes crab in Arizona and neither of us are sick yet!

Early at the hotel tonight for some good rest. Tomorrow we will see Sedonia and onto Vegas. Only 3 days left...hard to believe.

Signing off - Traveling Mama

1 comment:

  1. I'm thrilled to be traveling with you guys! Hug each other for me..:)

    ReplyDelete