Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 4 - Moab - Jenny








ROCKS! SKY! WIND! BARE SKIN! SUN! How much more could you ask for. I have never seen rocks this amazing. How tall can a rock possibly be? It was almost like we were under the first few layers of the earths skin. There has never been a more beautiful color or red. I could have hiked here for days....but we only had half a day so we saw everything we could. We got in one hike to the arch you see above. So much sky above and sandstone ground into sand at our feet. Wonderful! Moab is a cool town.
Driving down two lane highways with the wind blowing my hair around and my skin growing warmer with each mile toward Arizona was wonderful. I felt so free. Could these roads be any straighter? I mean I think I could see for like 500 miles ahead of me! I could definately feel my inner hippy coming closer to the surface. This is the life! I think I could travel around in a bus for sure...as long as it was convertable! Such SMALL little towns along the way...hard to believe folks live so far out.
Rock Rock and more rock...and more desert! Until we found Lake Powell. WOW! Its super big and surrounded by those amaizing rocks. Becca made me walk across a bridge over the damn and I was scared the whole time! SCARY. Too high!
We have landed in Kanab Utah in a 1980's hotel. ICK! But at least we have a room. Tomorrow we had south back into Arizona and spend the day at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. More rock and more desert....but Im sure it will be just as amazing if not more.
We have met some cool people along the way all of which want to hear our story. Pretty cool!!
Signing off - Traveling Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment