Thursday, September 19, 2019

Year 10 Day 8

VERMONT!!! I absolutely LOVE VERMONT! But let me back up to the start of the day.

There wasnt much on the itinerary today, just needed to cover some miles to get farther north east. But im not the kind of traveler that likes to take the straightest route to get where I am going. We drove through the Adirondacks in far upper state NY. The trees really showed up in this area. The hills were covered in reds, yellows, purples and oranges. We were told a couple of days ago that the best time isnt to wait for all the trees to be completely colored but to come when the leaves are mixed among the green and I think I completely agree. Its really beautiful to see summer and fall colliding across the landscape. The pictures will never do it justice. We stopped at a lake along the way and took a small walk to stretch our legs and look at the colors.

The big stop was ahead in Waterbury, VT. But let me get back to how much I LOVE VERMONT! Highways are clean, there's rolling hills of green fields full of alfalfa and corn and old farm houses dotted between the colorful hills; some of which were established in the early 1700's. Oh to get my hands on a fixer upper here! There's friendly people, small towns, large mountains in the distance, trails begging me to hike. There's bike lanes and solar panels and everything is clean and cared for. I could most certainly live here.

We headed up a hill to the Ben & Jerry's ice cream factory to take a tour. We had a really corny tour guide with terrible jokes about cows, but we did get free ice cream at the end. It was worth suffering through the jokes. My brain kept thinking...hummm I work for a manufacturing company...I could live in Vermont...but I havent convinced Becca.

We got a sweet hotel upgrade tonight into a suite with a couch and everything. Its weird how you start to really miss things like couches when you travel. It feels like we have so much more to cover and so little time. I think I could have spent the 12 days just in Vermont, but it will definitely go on the list of places I NEED to come back to.







No comments:

Post a Comment