Friday, August 12, 2016

Year 7 Day 7

Well, Im writing this as its storming outside. Like death cloud storming. Scary storming. I know...all the crazies who live here will be like, oh no its not that bad, just a little storm. Ive threatened to get in the bathtub with the mattress twice. Ive made it 7 days with nothing but a little wind in Minnesota and now this. No thank you Missouri. 

We started our day leaving St. Louis. Thats not a very nice city. I dont know what used to be there to make it a better place, but its not any more. Its sad. Lots of abandoned buildings and not so nice areas. Despite it, we visited the City Museum. Its the craziest place I have ever seen. Its like the Exploratorium in San Francisco mixed with some crazy hoarders stash. There are crawl holes, and ladders and slides everywhere. One slide is a 10 story slide. I was forced to do the 5 story slide by my family. Granny screamed all the way down. I closed my eyes, held my breath and prepared for death. If you didnt know, I am one of the least brave people on earth. Chris was tasked with crawling, sliding and running around with Becca. It was good for him. 

We headed out to my favorite stop ever after that. The vacuum museum!!! It was from 1910 to present and had vacuums you could push around and touch. SO cool. I got a shirt! Next stop, Mini Stonehenge in Rolla MO. Its half the size and was built by the college. No idea why, but pretty cool to see. 

As we drove to our hotel stop the death clouds started rolling in. They were surrounding us and about 10 minutes later they attacked. Lots of lightning, thunder and rain. While in the pool (inside of course) and some thunder hit...power went out and the building shook. If I could have gone home then, I would have. My grandma warned me about this part of the country. I should have listened. 

We are off now to a dinner with friends from dance in California. They moved out a couple years ago and we get to say hello for a bit. Hope the weather holds out and I dont have to ride in the trunk of the car. Its supposed to clear tomorrow and be good until we leave. Fingers crossed. 








No comments:

Post a Comment