Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Year 3 Day 6



















Another Fantastic Day...well almost all of it.



Started off leaving Tennessee through the Great Smokey Mountains. What a beautfiul place that I could spend a week or more hiking trails and exploring. The timing was perfect...the dogwoods and other trees were in full bloom with flowers and bright green leaves. A bit nippy up at the top at 5000 feet, but absolutely beautiful.



We made our way through the mountains and down to Ashville, NC where we experienced the Biltmore Estate. Holy Moly...I dont know where these folks found all their money, but I wish I had just a piece...something like 300 rooms, 43 bathrooms, a basement with a pool, bowling alley and servants quarters. WOW...then we went out to the gardens. I would be ok with living in the tool shed for the gardens. So many beautiful things I couldnt post enough pictures of it. The azela garden was beautiful...wish Grandma could have seen it, but I took a ton of pictures for her.



I was forced to take the interstate up to our hotel...and Ill have you know this is what happens when you do...We were 15 miles from our hotel and the freeway was shut down in both directions. A horrible accident of some sort. Detour with a ton of other people put us at the hotel much too late...see, this is why you stay off the interstate. :-)



Honestly we could not have asked for a better week..everything is spring blooming and there have been no clouds at all and nothing that even looked like it might be a tornado. FANTASTIC. Only need 5 more days of that please.



Off to the ocean today and the outerbanks..



Traveling Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment