




Another fun day in Alabama. This state was definately worth coming out here. The storms have started to give me this anxiety issue though. "Storm" means a very different thing out here. Maybe its the red color on the radar or the absolute black color of the sky or the thinking that a tornado could come from the sky at anytime and I would have to jump in a ditch with who knows how many types of bugs. Thankfully mom has her phone and is my little weather tracker in the back seat. We are kinda like storm chasers...only we run from them and find any way to go around the cells instead of going toward them. Anyone who chooses to live in this area is crazy and should have their head checked!
We started our day at the US Space Museum in Huntsville. Cool place. They have some life size rockets and lots of demos. Cool place but maybe not worth the $40 to get in per person! :-) We also saw an Imax 3d movie that I almost fell asleep in. Oh well!
On our way west to Hellen Kellers house we went through an area that was hit by the tornado that hit Tuscolusca in April. HOW SCARY. Some of the houses were still just a bunch of twisted boards and some were being rebuilt. Did I mention about those clouds and storms?
Hellen Kellers house was great. I did not remember all the details about her and her life and it was very interesting to sit near the water pump where she learned her first word.
We spent the rest of the day trying to get around a few thunder cells that had a ton or red on them and were causing me to panic. Everyone thinks I am insane...but I saw those houses that were hit in April.
Now in Arkansas for the night just over the Mississppi. What a river! So full right now and so BIG.
Signing off - Traveling Mama

No comments:
Post a Comment