Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Preparing For The First Trip

Greeting Fellow travelers. What better gift could I give my daughter than the gift of travel and exposure to all our country has to offer? Memories await.

Becca will be 8 this June. We have 11 years until she turns 18 and starts her own journey. There are 50 states in our wonderful country. Many of which I have never see either. In the next 11 years we ill see all 50. One group every June for her birthday.

This years agenda...Nevada, Utah, Arizona, and Southern California (We live in Northern California so we have pretty much covered that already).

Our trip starts on June 11th, 2010. Just her and I and the road. What fun mom and daughter shall find out there in the desert...we shall see.

Becca will be contributing to the blog each night when we stop to share where she is and what she is doing. We will post pictures as we can. For now...the preparation is almost over and its almost time to pack up and head out..

9 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful idea you came up with babe! Wish I was going with, but this will be almost like I am with you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Can't wait to hear all about it and watch her learn and grow. Very cool gift you are giving her, Mamma. Love ya both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read your first blogs....they are wonderful and I sat here so many thousands of miles away from you both and felt like I was right there with you. What a wonderful and amazing experience for you both. I've stayed in that Best Western in Eureka, NV I think and even ate at that liver and onions spot...if it was in Tonapah, NV that is. Ew is right! Can't wait to read again tomorrow. I love you both so much and am so happy for your time together. Maybe someday I'll be half the mom you are! xoxoxoxo Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel as if I am traveling along right with you both! Such wonderful memories you are making together! So many exciting happenings already and you have only just begun your travels across all 50 states! I love you both and thank you for your wonderful blogs so I can too enjoy your trip! xxxxoooo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The state of Utah, not the most beautiful state, very Morman, and yet still part of our USA. Loved the "neat" in reference to Temple Square....I echo that sentiment! Waiting to read more of your travels and thoughts on all your experiences!Hugs to my beautiful traveling girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So loved hearing from you traveling gals last night! How was swimming and dinner? CANNOT wait to see the pics of Arches tonight! Drive safely, have fun and enjoy for me, too. Love you two so much!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi my favorite traveling ladies! Got a chance this morning to catch up on your many activities and read your blog posts.....sounds like you are having so much fun together! I have read that Arches is one of the top ten beautiful places in the US....so yeah, probably out shines the Grand Canyon. Can't wait to hear about your thoughts on Sedona.....one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. Definitely the wow factor and many rocks again! Enjoy for me....Sedona is a very spiritual and hippy filled spot....you'll love it! I know I could go for some of that influence for a while myself right now....so send me some of the vibes on the winds across to the east. ;) Love you both so much! Call you from the road tomorrow while you are on the road. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you two have seen some incredible country and sounds like you have also had some soul searching talks....love it! I so love all the pics, I feel as if I am right there looking at you! Great job Bec on your swimming, Im very proud of you! Good job on the driving Jenny, glad you conquered the round-a-bout! Have fun in Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Jenny & Becca, great pictures. You guys look like you are having a great time. I keep thinking I'm gonna see the Road Runner, Wyle E. Coyote and ACME explosives in the back round of your shots!!

    ReplyDelete